CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Traversing Survival Existence on the Ism Battlefields Radical
Gender-Variant People of Color Speak Out on Multiple Oppressions
Poetry, stories, essays, articles, artwork and other creative
and/or analytical pieces are welcome!
Please keep submissions under 1,000 words, artwork will be
reproduced in black-and-white. Submissions are only accepted
from gender-variant authors of color.
Please email submissions by May 1st to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or send an email to ask for a postal address. Please do not send
originals or only copies.
With love and rage, Seve.
Possible topics include, but are certainly not limited to:
* Intersections/interplay of racism, genderism, heterosexism, classism,
ableism, sexism, etc.
* Radical politics and gender, race
* Anarchism, Anti-authority, autonomy and gender, race
* Transphobia and racism
* Plurality, borderlands of identity
* Dismantling the hierarchy of oppression
* Social construction of race, gender, sex, sexual orientation,etc.
* Individual and communal identity and specific People of Color communities
* History of Gender-variance in communities of Color & Indigenous communities
* Countering views of Gender-variance as a white disease
* Racism/white supremacy in Gender-variant communities
* Trans/Gender-variant health for People of Color
* Where you have/havent found support, strength and hope
* Allies, partners, love, etc.
* Whatever else speaks to you as a gender-variant persyn of color...